The Ten Commandments - When preparing to apply for a mortgage:
- Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
- Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it)!
- Thou shalt not use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
- Thou shalt not buy furniture.
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
- Thou shalt not make large deposits without first checking with your Loan Officer.
- Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
- Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
I even recommend printing this page out and posting it in a highly-visible location. These items can be the difference between you getting the house, or missing out.
P.S. It's not just me saying this either, check out the Lighter Side of Real Estate's post on this topic!
Lothian MD Homes for Sale - Genna Fleming, REALTOR® with EXIT ELITE REALTY
You now have free access to Southern Maryland’s Ultimate Real Estate Search Engine! Your local real estate expert has the knowledge and experience to deliver the unsurpassed service you deserve. Local Specialty: Upper Marlboro, Lanham, Lothian, Edgewater, Annapolis, and Dunkirk as well as all of Southern Anne Arundel County and Southern Maryland. Google or call me today and let’s discuss how I can save you $1,000’s when you buy or sell real estate. Call Genna Fleming at (443) 532-8917 or @Ask_Genna by visiting www.AskGenna.REALTOR.